Another Skagit River Poetry Festival is in the books! Thanks to all of you who made it possible.
Now we begin planning for 2024!
October 4-5, 2024
SAVE THE DATE!
Since 1998, the Skagit River Poetry Foundation has trained teachers using professional poets to help build literacy skills in our classrooms.
During 120 days, in more than 100 classrooms and in eight school districts students have found their voices and built literacy skills with poetry.
POETS IN SCHOOLS
Poets Change Lives – Kid’s Quotes:
- He helped me see inside myself.
- She helped me recognize what’s important to me.
- I was able to dig deeper into myself.
- I gained a new perspective on how I view others.
- It helps me look outside the box to find new solutions to problems.
- It opens my mind and lets me express myself wholly.
Former US Poet Laureate Robert Hass holds up a book with 300 students in the audience and says, “Is Quinn here? Listen to this.”
He reads her poem and announces:
“I wish I had written that!”
This was a gift a Pulitzer Prize winner gave her. Magic happens.